This guacamole is an old time party favourite, because it’s not only super tasty, it is also very easy and quick to prepare!
Make sure you use perfectly ripe avocados – when you buy them, press them gently, they should be a little soft from the outside.
Before I let you get on with the recipe, here’s a fun fact: if you plan on making this guacamole a while before serving, keep one of the avocado stone. Popping the stone into the guacamole will prevent it from turning brown!
Similarly, if you are ever planning on using one half of an avocado, use the one which is not attached to the stone, and keep the other one for later – this way the second half of the avocado will keep for longer!
Approx. Preparation time: 5 mins
Approx. Cooking time: 5 mins
Serves: 3 to 4 snackers
- Two large, ripe avocados
- Half of a large red onion
- Juice from half a lime (or lemon)
- A handful fresh coriander
- A pinch of paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spoon the avocado’s flesh into a bowl – keep one of the stones if you are making it in advance!
- Finely dice the onion
- Extract the juice from the lime and set aside
- Mash the avocado flesh into a smooth paste
- Add the onion and mix well
- Add the lime juice and mix well
- Add the paprika, salt and pepper and mix well
- Keep a stone inside the guacamole bowl until serving time, to prevent from browning, and keep in the fridge
- Serve with breadsticks or tortilla chips or as a topping for veggie fajitas!