These Petits Choux are made of absolute goodness: fresh apple, cashews, almonds, cocoa powder, dark chocolate and a tiny squeeze of honey… Yum!
I’m always on the look out for bite-size desserts and love experimenting with ingredients I know my body agrees with!
These Petit Choux are great as a snack, as an amuse-bouche or as a little touch of sweetness after a meal!
Approx. Preparation time: 45 mins (includes 30-40 minutes freezer time)
Approx. Assembly time: 5 mins
Makes: 10 petits choux
- 1 apple
- 1 and a half cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 quarter of a teaspoon honey
- 150g dark chocolate (use good quality, high cocoa content dark chocolate)
- A spoonful of dark chocolate chips
- Half a teaspoon of cocoa powder
- Soak one cup of cashews in freshly boiled water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, discard the water
- Peel and cut the apple, removing the core and seeds
- Pop the apple and soaked cashews in a blender with a tablespoon of hot water and blend into a smooth paste
- Blend the almonds to a fine powder
- Blend the remaining half cup of cashews to a fine powder
- Mix the almond powder with the apple and cashew blend. Combine well.
- Add the cocoa powder. Combine well.
- Mix half of the powdered cashews with the apple blend. Combine well.
- Using your hands and/or a spoon, turn the mixture into balls and roll into remainder of powdered cashews so that the balls are covered.
- Pop the balls into the freezer for 30 to 40 minutes
- Take the balls out of the freezer
- Melt the chocolate, using the method of your choice (microwave or Bain Marie)
- Pour the melted chocolate over the balls and sprinkle half of balls with cashew powder and the half with chocolate chips
- Serve right away!